- MBA can be attained either by research or coursework and itis linked with a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) code, hence, it has a universal recognition in all major countries.
- Australia has an outstanding global status that means after completing MBA from Australian universities, graduates are in high demand all over the world.
- As per the latest Australian immigration policy, if you complete a 2-year MBA degree either by coursework or research, then you are eligible for a 2-year post-study work visa.
- By means of apost-study work visa, international students can work part-time for aperiod of 40 hours per fortnight during studies and 40 hours per week while on vacation.
- The government of Australia provides more than A$200 as scholarships for international students every year.
- If you are married,then your spousecan also accompany you and can work 40 hours per week during the study period and also in post study word visa period.
- The Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) has simplified the Australian student visa assessment levels.International students are now required to show financial funding for just 12 months of study.Earlier it was 18 months.Institutions accept PTE/TOEFL too as proof for English language proficiency test, previously they accepted only IELTS.
Academic intakes for MBA in Australia
The academic intakes for Australian universities are mostly active during February and July (depending on the university).Certain universities have intake during September or October also, but they are openonly for specific programmes.
Top 5 Australian Universities for MBA
- Australian National University
- The university is placed 1st in Australia and ranked 22nd in the world as per the QS World University Rankings (2016-2017).
- Australian National UniversityhasadvancedMBAcourses which area blend of coursework and research. Based on the performance of students in the previous semester, students can do 6-months research in their last semester.
The MBA course develops essential skills in students to excel in the international financial marketplace. As a part of the course curriculum, students studyfundamental principles offinance which are applicable in evaluating financial securities and corporations,using methods for risk management purposes and exploring various approaches to generate investment portfolios.
MBA Course learning outcome and career prospects:
- After completing the course, students develop an exhaustive knowledge of corporate finance, securities trading, investments, portfolio construction and risk management.
- Students learn how to apply finance and business theory in company’sbusiness evaluation, they can carry out financial research, analyse current issues in finance and work independently and in collaboration to gather, process, interpret and communicate the consequences of financial issues.
- According to the latest Global Employability University Ranking by the Times Higher Education,Australian National University has ranked 1st among the top universities for getting a job for consecutive 4 years. Graduates from this university are most sought after by employers all over the world.
The university offers a large number of scholarships to the international students depending upon the course specifics, student’s country of origin. You can apply for the following scholarships:
- ANU College of Business & Economics International Graduate Scholarship
- ANU College of Business and Economics India Excellence Scholarship
- ANU College of Business & Economics Honours Scholarship and much
2.University of Melbourne
Established in the year 1853, University of Melbourne is the 2nd oldest university and ranked 42nd in the world as per the QS World University Rankings (2016-2017).
University of Melbourne’s 1 year full-time MBA programme is ranked 1stin Australia and Asia Pacific and Ranked 27th all over the world by AFR BOSS magazine survey of MBA programmes.
MBA course outcomes and career prospects:
- The 1 year full-time MBA programme provides an exhaustive experience for the students and the curriculum is planned for the maximum career impact.
- The programme develops personal and leadership skills in the students and also promotes career development among them.
- Graduates from this university havean increased management responsibility,an adaptive outlook, ability to absorb and apply their fully developed business knowledge, build flexibility and have multiple business perspectives.
- University of Melbourne is ranked 10th in graduate employability, thus students can expect great returns on their education investment.
The university provides a large number of scholarships and students do not have to submit a separate application for this. When the students receive their admission offer letters, they are eligible for any of the following scholarships depending on the time of the enrollment:
- ADB Scholarship (deadline 21 October)
- Diversity Excellence Scholarships (deadline 16 December)
- Dean’s International Management Scholarship (deadline 24 March)
- Rupert Murdoch Fellowship (deadline 12 May 2017)
- Other scholarships awarded throughout the year are:
- Founders Scholarship
- The Helen MacPherson Smith Fellowship
- Developing Nations Scholarships
- MBS Scholarships
- University of Sydney
University of Sydney is ranked 46th in the world as per the QS World University Rankings (2016-2017) and number 3rd University in Australia.
MBA course outcomes and career prospects:
The MBA programme offered by University of Sydney is flexible and designed as per the career demands. The duration of the course is comparatively less and it canbe completed in 2-3 years of part-time study. The entire course includes 12 units of study having an integrated core of seven units, a unit having industry capstone and 4 elective units selected by the student. After completing the course, students develop skills of critical analysis and thought leadership.They understand financial management, dealing people, organisations and preparing unique and innovative strategies in marketing.
· Business Leader Postgraduate Scholarship (Master of Business Administration (opening 15 Feb-09 Jun)
- UN Women National Committee Australia MBA Scholarship (opening 09 Mar 2017 – 28 May)
- Other scholarships are
- The BOSS Emerging Leaders MBA Scholarship
- Anstice MBA Scholarship for Community Leadership
- University of Sydney Staff Professional Leadership Development Scholarship.
- The Business Leader Postgraduate Scholarship and UN Women National Committee Australia MBA Scholarship.
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
According to the latest QS World University Rankings (2016-2017), the University of New South Wales (UNSW) is ranked 49th in the world.
MBA Course outcomes and career prospects:
MBA in the University of New South Wales (UNSW) is globally recognised and aims atdeveloping the career skills required in business and management jobs. It can be pursued full-time, part-time or online.Students can opt core and elective subjects in MBA. The course is best for business consultants and entrepreneurs who need to understand how to achieve successful organisationalchange because after completing the MBA, students learn sustainable change management theory and also the practical tools required for dealing people during change and overcoming resistance. The course enlarges students’ managerial talents.They become more involved in the company’s strategic planning and position themselves for career advancement. The students can look for business and management consultant jobs, project management and senior management posts after completing their studies.
- University of New South Wales (UNSW) provides Equity Scholarship in the following rounds, students meeting the University’s eligibility requirements and those who have submitted a UAC Equity Scholarship application or a UAC Educational Access Scheme application can get the scholarship.
- The main round is in the month of January (19 January)
- In February, there are 3 rounds
- Round 1 (2 February)
- Round 2 (10 February)
- Round 3 (20 February)
- March has a single round (13 March)
- July Round (24 July)
- University of Queensland (UQ)
The university is ranked 51st in the world by the QS World University Rankings (2016-2017).
MBA Course outcomes and career prospects:
The MBA programme offered by the University of Queensland (UQ) prepares the student with the refined skill and knowledge essential to become a successful business leader. The MBA programme is one of the most preferred course in the Asia-Pacific region and it is considered as one of the leading MBA programmes all over the world. After finishing the course, successful graduates can expect to find better employment opportunities in middle to high-level management or in business consultanciesin private or government sectors.
University of Queensland offers many scholarships for International students for their MBA programmes.They are:
- The Hollewand Consulting UQ MBA Scholarship
- Indigenous MBA student scholarship
- Women MBA student scholarship
- The Matthew McLennan And Richard Howes Outstanding Honours Collaboration Scholarship
- UQ Business School Honours Tuition Fee Reduction Scholarship
For the latest information about the Australian scholarships, duration of the course and fees structure and free admission counselling you can contact Global Opportunities Pvt.Ltd.
For Reference –
Study in Australia – http://www.global-opportunities.net/study-in-australia.html
Study Visa For Australia – http://www.global-opportunities.net/australia-student-study-visa-consultants.html
Masters in Australia – http://www.global-opportunities.net/masters-in-australia.html" alt="MBA admission in Australia for Indian students|Study Overseas in Australia|Foreign Education in Australia" />