R is a software suite and native programming language suitable for big data analysis, data visualization, and statistical computing. It has powerful graphical capabilities and strongly based upon object oriented features. It is java based language available with command line interpreter running successfully over multiple platforms like Windows, Mac OS and Linux. IDEs are also available for easy development capabilities.
Undoubtedly, Hadoop and R both complement each other and considered as suitable combo for big data analysis. One of most common R plug-in that supports Hadoop functionalities is RHadoop. RHadoop offers MapReduce functionality, Hbase functionality, and HDFS functionality within R.
How R integration with Hadoop development is helpful for software programmers?
- It analyzes big data files without duplicating or moving data and makes your sensitive information more secure.
- Powerful analytics algorithm for transparent distributed computing
- It is easy to accelerate analytics with parallel computing functions and algorithms
- When analytics are transferred from workstations to Hadoop development platform, it does not demand for any program changes.
- RRE7 supplies a laundry list of machine learning, predictive modeling, data mining, and statistical tests for Hadoop users.
- Programming is easy with GUI based development tools without learning complex java language
- RRE7 produces machine independent data compatible with other apps in Cloudera Hadoop.
- Data can be managed quickly with standard administration facilities.
As we know, it is hard to design your own parallel computing functions whether it is java, R or Hadoop platform. R accelerates analytics, means performance can be maximized without designing any complex parallel computing functions or algorithms. You just have to focus on data instead of development complexities when using R and Hadoop together. This is the time to change the way you code. Make your Hadoop development or big data analysis more precise and accurate with R integration right away.
About Author: The above article is written by Vijay, who works as a technical architect with Aegis Software, an expert Hadoop development company in India. Aegisisc is a global IT offshore company with development centers in India." alt="Enabling R Analytics for Sophisticated Hadoop Development" />